by Lutz Herrmann
In 1856, Berlin piano maker Joachim Friedrich Schwarzlose opens the drug store J.F. Schwarzlose for his children, who soon start producing wonderful perfumes. A flacon of the brand found in a collection of Emperor Pu Yi in 1897 confirms that their formidable reputation reached as far as China. During the second world war, the factory and shops are bombed and destroyed. Three years later they reopen in Hamburg and Berlin. All operations end in 1976 only to restart in 2012 under the current brand J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin.
Read more >